Saturday, August 6, 2011

KFC's Supreme Bowl Alfredo

Tout Poulet. It means "everything chicken"(Sorry, my French is bad). That's how KFC earned it's reputation for innovating different menu derived from one single ingredient-chicken.


One disadvantage of not being a frequent customer to a certain food store, is that, you tend to get left behind on the menu. I was literally staring at the menu board for quite sometime looking for the meal that I used to eat when I visited KFC. I approached the counter to inquire about it and they told me that the Oriental Supreme Bowl was written off from their list and changed the Asian themed Supreme Bowl meal into Italian.

Hungry and tired at noon, with a lot of folks lined up behind me, I mean, I can't turn back now.  If I quit on my line, I would fall in line again on other food stores nearby on a busy afternoon. So, I decided to order Supreme Bowl Alfredo to shut angry stomach.

Only three words that best describes my eating experience on this one: I-LOVE-IT. KFC really take their chicken very seriously.

Every bit of the ingredients complements each other. The bowl is so aromatic from the herbs in the sauce. Instead of ground beef or pork, the meat portion of the pasta came from eight bits of deep fried breaded chicken fillet. My two and a half inch height of bowl is filled with chewy pasta soaked with a blend of: herbs like basil, spices, bits of fried chicken, bits of tomato and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. The sauce is not too sweet with  the right amount of sourness from the tomato, which is, the original blend on most Italian red sauce.  (See the photo below).

The pasta noodles is filled with sauce.
The price of P103.00 inclusive of up-size drinks is fair enough to treat your taste buds close to Italian cuisine, fast food version.

2 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious! I adore KFC food! Have you already completed MyKFCexperience Survey? If no, you may get redirected here to learn more about it. By taking part in the survey you will have the opportunity to get a prize draw from KFC. Now, you might be interested in knowing more about this survey ;)

    ReplyDelete