Monday, August 8, 2011

Ministop's Pepperoni Kariman


Consider this article as a continuation of my Ministop's Kariman Review posted last July 10. I find it unfair to post my favor on Sweet Kariman flavors and leaving some flavors behind, which, I haven't really tried.This portion of my blog would highlight one of those flavors, which is, the Pepperoni Kariman.

Being late has its disadvantage, especially on food. It seems that the Ministop Branch at Macamisa St. is trying to dispose off the last batch of Kariman that was cooked awhile back on the late-night customers before replenishing it with a new stock. I was one of the unfortunate late-night customer that was left with only three pieces of Kariman at Minsitop's food warmer.

The pepperoni slice was ridiculously dark red and very gamy like rubber. The cheese turned bruised or darkened on some portions inside the bread. I can't find the exact words to describe the bread part. If anyone of you have tasted the La Pacita Butter Toast, that's the exact flavor of the Kariman bread minus the sweetness and the rich butter flavor. The bread was suppose to be  crunchy from the outside and quite soft in the inside, but from the piece that I got, it's crunchy all the way. I felt like eating a huge crouton with gamy filling inside. I'm trying my best to make sense out of the flavor that I'm eating. Sad to say that I found nothing. It seems my piece of Pepperoni Kariman is re-fried and it's sitting along the food warmer for quite sometime compromising the flavor.

I'm retracting my favor on this flavor of Kariman. Since it's a food review, I can't be biased on the results, this is like WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). If they have served something that's fresh, I might have written something positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment