Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ministop's Healthy Snack-Chicken Clubhouse Sandwich


I checked Ministop if they offer something similar to 7-Eleven's healthy snack, and there it was, a "Homelike Freshness" brand sandwich stacked on the shelf. This time, I chose Chicken Clubhouse to review.

The packaging is made from heat- sealed transparent plastic enabling buyers to see what the sandwich actually looks like. The presentation is very simple and straightforward. And for food safety, they also have Best Before seal.

 
I go beyond the presentation. I usually dissect my food to see what's inside of it.Here's what I found. All of the filling and spread is on thin proportion. It seems that the sandwich maker just dabbed the chicken and mayo spread on the center without evenly spreading it to the edge of the bread. The chicken and mayo spread is barely a teaspoon in amount.

After putting my taste buds to work, this sandwich didn't leave much impression. Thin proportion of spread and filling plus three layers of spongy loaf bread didn't add up. The taste of chicken and creamy mayo did blend well with faintly sharp flavor of the ham. I'm expecting something that would leave a flavorful aftertaste after my last bite that would remind me to buy more of this soon. Unfortunately, this sandwich failed to convince me.
   
This sandwich is really recommended for light eating, people who are conscious of their fat and calorie intake or for people with light appetite but don't expect it to be "grandioso"

Other combination of flavors are available such as ham, cheese, tuna and egg for the price of P27.





No comments:

Post a Comment